Who we are
Emory University and the Atlanta Braves have teamed up to offer Veterans of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and their family members a variety of expert support resources through BraveHeart: Welcome Back Veterans Southeast Initiative. Our mission is focused on education, outreach, and helping people in the Southeastern United States get help for PTSD.
Our program is consistent with the goals of the national Welcome Back Veterans Initiative and we are grateful for their support. Welcome Back Veterans is committed to providing PTSD treatment to Veterans and their families in a public/private partnership with the Veterans Administration, Department of Defense, Major League Baseball Charities, the Robert R. McCormick Foundation, the Entertainment Industry Foundation and world-renowned Centers for Excellence at University Hospitals throughout the country.
What we do
BraveHeart: Welcome Back Veterans Southeast Initiative is dedicated to
- helping Veterans and their families access help for PTSD and support resources
- overcoming barriers often associated with seeking help for PTSD
- increasing awareness of PTSD and healthcare advances in treatment
- improving communication between those seeking care and healthcare providers
- offering healthcare provider education
Make a contribution today
Your support can help us provide Veterans and their families with the expert care and support they deserve today – and tomorrow.
Make your contribution here